These personalised photo lanterns would make a great gift for a friend. I love having lights and candles in the bedroom and these lanterns add even more cosiness. These would also look great for a sum garden party. This makes a really creative alternative approach to hanging photos at a party. You could choose a mix of photos like I have, or why not print photos from a memorable holiday to brighten up your room through the winter. For full instructions, plus a free printable template, visit Photojojo. They gave me the idea to create mini lanterns instead or one large light.
- Fairy lights
- Gel Medium
- Photos (printed on standard paper from your printer)
- Sponge brush
- Scissors or scalpel
- Sphere template (Photojojo)
Don’t print your photos on paper that is too thick. The thinner the better so that the light can still shine through once the photos are glued onto your spheres.
Go the extra mile
- Try out different types of photographs, both portraiture and landscape. Or go abstract and print off close up shots of colourful patterns and textures.
- Why not keep it classic and go for black and white photographs to blend into a minimal room well.
- Hang it over your bed, around the walls, along the back of your desk, or even in the garden!